Inner Sanctuary

A wackie and funkie working in insane place...A little recluse for my soul.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's day!

After work, I wanted to do some shopping for books as usual ...so I walked down to Raffles City SC which was more packed than usual with couples who want to spend their valentine's day. Flower business was very brisk and everywhere u can see couples holding bouqets of flowers or balloons, leaving other single green with envy. So, i went down to MPH but i could not find any books that interested me..so I wanted to go up to Sembawang MUSIC centre to browse thru some japanese drama...the drama that i wanted to watch "1 Litre of Tears". Unfortunately, the drama series were not out yet so I went downstairs. As I was walking downstairs, an oil painting caught my attention. It was really special to me...as it flooded me with an old memory of my time when I first took my art class at Parklane Shopping Centre.

I remembered the first time I drew was just a simple drawing paper and crayon. I was only 5 years old when my mom sent me for art classes in 1985. I was asked to draw according to the teacher's instruction. We were asked to draw a misty mountain and on its foot, a hut with the lonely river was drawn. A fisherman was walking towards the hut and it certainly made me feel nostalgic once more time. It was like walking down the memory lane when I was young once more time again...Reflecting on the present moment, I am already grown up adult, armed with University degree, beautiful partner, stable career and fun batches of my friends. It seemed that Time has stood still for me at that moment that I was transported to that day when I was just 1.4 metres standing in front of the stand with its huge white drawing paper. I remembered there were around 5 or 6 older students busily drawing. I peered out from my drawing board to take a look at my teacher's drawing and went back to draw the outline. I could remember that it was raining at that time and it was freezing cold to draw in an air-conditioned room. After 1 hour was up, we were to hand in the drawing paper and i handed in my paper, brimming with pride. That was my first art piece.

Coming back to the reality, I held up the oil painting and i fingered across the oil painting. Though the colours were totally different, the feeling that poured into painting was the same....it struck a chord in my heart, belting a little memory "Yesterday once more". I stood there for quite some time before i decided to buy a painting.

Then I headed back home and changed quickly. I popped in the "March of the penguins" and it was really a good documentary. It won a best Oscar award and it described the march of the Emperor penguin to the place of origin where they found love, nursed their chicks and finally marched back to the sea. The cycle of life repeats all over for the next winter. It was definitely worth to be watched!Then i slept for a while and i suddenly felt a gust of wind brushing aside my face. I woke up and walked out to get water. I saw Collin busily preparing meal for us and I was happy to see him again. Today was a Valentine's day...and we prepared meals together. We had a quiet moment sharing interesting topics.

What a beautiful day for me..what can I ask for more since everyday is a learning lesson for all of us. A powerful and simple message reminds me that 'just being alive is one of the most beautiful gift from God.' No one will know what will happen the next day.

1 Comments:

Blogger tranquility-73 said...

Lucky you! I was in the office till 11pm. Not a good V day for me. Glad you had a good day.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home