Inner Sanctuary

A wackie and funkie working in insane place...A little recluse for my soul.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Linguisitc Interest

As I was chatting with Kenichi, I decided to make the monotomous conversation into something different and unique which may be interesting to us. So, I decide to type in Japanese to chat with Kenichi cos he knows a bit of Japanese. And then I converses with Kenichi in simple Chinese. Coming to think to myself, hey, my interest in languages has not worn off yet as I still am very excited to learn languages. Later on, I chat with Amaresh and I pop in some french phrases. It turns out that Amaresh knows a bit French but he said that he has long forgotten his French language.

I have made a vision 2 years ago that I must master several languages i.e. Japanese, Chinese, French, German, Korean and Italian. And I still hold this kind of vision in my heart.

Chinese(话语/中文)

Hi = 你好
Thank you = 谢谢(简笔字)/謝謝(繁體字)
Goodbye = 再见(简笔字)/再見(繁體字)
Sorry = 对不起(简笔字)/對不起(繁體字)

Cantonese

Bye bye = 拜拜 (baai1 baai 3)
Thank you (for gifts) = 多謝 (do1 ze 3)
Thank you (for services rendered) = 唔該 (m4 goi1)

Shanghainese

I = 阿拉 (ala)
You = 侬 (non)
Hell0 = 侬好(non ho)
Goodbye = 再会(tse wei)

Taiwanese (Hokkien)

Hello = 食飽未? (Chiah pá boeh?) = Have you eaten?
Goodbye = 平安 (Pêng-an)
Thank you = 勞力 (Lo-kat)
Sorry = 失禮 (Sit-le)
Embarassed = 歹勢! (Pai sey)

French(Français)

Hello = Bonjour
Goodbye = Au revoir
Thank you = Merci
Thank you very much = Merci Beaucoup
Please = S'il vous plait
You'r welcome = Je vous en prie (Zhe voo za pree)
Sorry = Pardon/Excusez-moi (ex-ku-zay-Mwa)
I dun understand = Je ne comprends pas
Do you speak English? = Parlez-vous anglais?

German (Deutsch)

Hello = Halo
Goodbye = Auf Wiserdesehen (owf Vee der since)
Please = Bitte
Thank you = Danke
English = Englisch (same pronunication as English)
Yes = Jaa (yah)
No = Nein (nine)
Do you speak English? = Sprechen Sie Englisch? (Spre zee Anglish)
I dun understand = Ich verstehe nicht (Ish fair Stay Nish)

Greek

Hello = γειά σας (Ya Sas)

Hawaiian

Hell0 = Aloha
Goodbye = Ahuihou (a hoo e hoe)
Thank you = Mahalo

Hindi

Hello = नमस्ते (namaste)

Italian

Hello = Ciao
Goodbye = Arrivederci (a-ree-veh-Dare-chee)
Thank you = Grazie (grats yeh)

Japanese

Good Morning = お早うございます
Hello/Good Afternoon = 今日は
Goodbye = さようなら・じゃあまたね
Thank you = 有難うございます
Can you speak English = 英語が話せますか

Korean

Hell0 = 안녕하세요
Thank you = 고맙습니다 (ko map su mi da)
I dun understand = 몰라 (mo lah)
Do you speak English? 영어 할 줄 아세요? (yeong gu ha jul a say yo)

Malay

Hello = Selamat Pagi (morning)
Thank you = Terima kasih
You're welcome = Sama sama

Portugese

Hello = Olá
Thank you = Obrigado

Spanish

Hello = Hola
Good morning = Bueno días
Goodbye = Adiós
Thank you = Gracias
Do you speak English? (direct polite) = ¿Habla inglés?

Tamil

Hello = வணக்கம (vana kam)
Thank you = நன்ற (nandri)

Welsh

Good morning = Bore da! (Bo-re-da)
Goodbye! = Da boch chi! (da Bo-khi)
Thank you = Diolch (DEE-olkh)
No thank you = Dim diolch (dim dee olkh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home